There's something about the sweet smell of apples and cinnamon that just gives you all the fall feels. Caramel apples, apple pie, apple cinnamon muffins... the list is endless. One of our favorite treats? A homemade Apple Crisp. Typically, these take quite a bit of time to bake, so we came up with this quicker, fool-proof option that you can whip up in the microwave:
- 3 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1 Apple Cinnamon Overnight Oats Bar
- 2 tablespoons of brown sugar
- ½ apple, chopped (we love green apple or honey crisp!)
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional: vanilla ice cream or whipped cream to top it all off
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Stir in melted butter to the mixture.
- Chop the apple into small pieces. Coat them in more brown sugar and cinnamon for added flavor!
- Pack half of the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon mixture into the bottom of a microwavable cup, and top with half of the cut up Overnight Oats Bar and all the apple pieces.
- Then, top with the rest of the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon mixture and Overnight Oats Bar pieces.
- Microwave for 2-2 1/2 minutes, let cool, and enjoy! We love topping this with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Chef this one up and let us know what you think! You won't regret it - they warm and cozy smell of apple, cinnamon, and brown sugar are to die for. If you share your creations on Instagram, be sure to tag us @overnightoatsbar!