The season of sweets and indulgent treats isn't over quite yet! What's better than just an Overnight Oats Bar on its own? One covered in caramel and dark chocolate, of course. Our bars make the perfect base for candy and chocolate bars (just see Julia's recipe on her Instagram), and the best part about this recipe is that it's packed with protein and fiber, too! Keep reading to learn how to make this drool-worthy treat:
- Banana Nut Overnight Oats Bars (about 4)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (pure is best!)
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper and place 4 banana nut @overnightoatsbars on the bottom of the tin (you'll have to cut two of them so that they lay flat!)
- In a small saucepan under medium-low heat, combine maple syrup, coconut sugar, coconut oil, cashew butter, and vanilla extract.
- Heat until well combined, then set aside to cool for 4-5 minutes.
- Pour caramel mixture over the bars and freeze for 1 hour, or until completely set.
- Melt dark chocolate chips in the microwave, and pour over caramel layer.
- Freeze for an additional 45 minutes or until the chocolate layer is completely set.
- Cut into 12 bars, and enjoy! Store in the freezer if you'd like to snack on them later.
Share your love for all things chocolate with us on Instagram! When you decide to make this drool-worthy snack, be sure to post a photo or video on Instagram and tag us @overnightoatsbar. P.S. - use Julia's code 'JULIA15' for 15% off your purchase!